How to use a mask correctly?
The efficiency of masks largely depends on their proper use.
These devices can protect the airways from bacteria, viruses, droplets, or solid particles, including the coronaviruses that cause COVID-19. However, in order for the protective function of the mask to be as effective as possible, some basic rules of use should be observed:
- Before handling the mask, wash your hands with soap and water or use a hand sanitizer.
- Check the integrity of the mask and its packaging.
- Position the mask so that the nose clip is at the top center.
- Before putting the mask on, we recommend shaping the nose clip by gently bending it into an inverted "U" shape. If necessary, pinch the nose clip directly on the face.
- Position the mask so that it covers the nose, mouth, and chin.
- For a good fit and seal of the mask, it is advisable to have a shaved face.
- Once the mask is on, do not touch the front of the mask to avoid possible contamination with your hands.
- Remove the mask by the elastic bands. Do not touch the front part with your hands.
- If you have a single-use mask, discard and wash your hands after use.
- If you use a mask with a replaceable filter, be sure to change the filter regularly.
The duration of the guaranteed protection can vary considerably from one type of mask to another. Therefore, always follow the manufacturer's instructions. GOOD MASK COVID-19 masks have a wearing time of eight hours, which is how long the mask effectively protects its wearer from possible COVID-19 infection.
If the mask deteriorates or becomes excessively wet before this period of time, it is advisable to replace it with a new one.
MASKS ARE JUST ONE MORE MEASURE
The use of a mask should be complemented by the rest of the recommendations to help contain the virus:
1. Frequent hand washing
2. Social distance
3. Avoid touching your face
No opinions yet